Activities that can be enjoyed around Deogarh
There is a lot to do in the area which the hotel will arrange for you. The Gokal Garh Fort atop the nearby hill, The Shiva cave temple at Anjana Mahadeoji, artisans at work to watch, riding, bicycling, the use of vintage cars, a rural rail ride in a 1930's train, jeep drives through the countryside seeing the villages....and of course, relaxation with a spell by the pool, Spa treatments and just sitting and watching! The food is good with two restaurants and romantic dinners can be arranged high on the ramparts.
(1) Rural Ramble-> The Rural Ramble is a drive through a pastoral setting where one explores the natural surrounding with people tending to their fields and cattle and living in complete harmony with nature. We visit a cave temple –a cavernous rock in which is ensconced a shrine of Lord Shiva. The top of this rock offers a panoramic view of landscape of black volcanic rocks interspersed with rocks.
The drive than leads to a lake side where refreshments are served .These lakes attract a lot of the local migratory birds and small animals that are lovely to watch with the sun set as a back drop.
(2) Rural Ramble with Picnic-> This can be done with two options.
Option 1-> The guests can be sent for a Picnic after breakfast at the Hotel. We send Hotel Jeep and one of our Guide to escort them. The drive covers small villages, meeting with Rural people and finally at a natural place where the guests can take the packed Lunch sent with them.
Option 2-> This option is recommended for groups because we need minimum 15 paying pax to do this activity. Guests can be sent for a Picnic after breakfast at the Hotel. We send Hotel Jeep and one of our Senior staff to escort them. The guests can do a tracking from a fixed point, if someone is not interested he can continue in jeep.After a certain time everybody reaches at lake side, where we organize live Rajasthan Lunch.The guests take the lunch in traditional Rajasthan style.The Royal family members may also join them for lunch.
(3) Village Walk-> This is a nice walk in to the village. We send one of our staff to assist them. There is no fixed time for this.It can be done any time with prior information.
(4) Rural Rail-> A nice pleasure trip in to the Aravali Hills by Meter guage train on 1930’s British Track. The track consists of 17 U shape bridges and 2 tunnels with lots of monkeys. Distance covered is only 17 KM but time taken is 2 Hours. Recommended time is 9.30 AM from Deogarh Mahal.The guest’s cab and driver is needed for this..The same can be done using Hotel jeep also ,if the guest wants to do it by a Vintage car the same can also be arranged.
(5) Morning Walk and Breakfast->
One way early walk through the beautiful countryside having a close look on the fresh village morning ending at the Fort Seeengh Sagar or Khayyam by having breakfast.Of course a guide will be sent with them.We do send Hotel Jeep to bring them back to Mahal (Can be done only when those properties are not occupied)
(6) Bird Watch-> We do have some beautiful lake sites around Deogarh ,busy with chirping of many beautiful migrated birds ie, Saras crane,white throated king fisher, pied kingfisher, black headed ibis, goose etc. An escort will be accompany them. Hotel Jeep will be used for their excursions.
(7) Romantic Dinner on Mahal Terrace-> The guests will be received at the Mahal with the traditional tikka, and showering of flowers petals with the sound of the beating drums.
In the evening they will gather in the central courtyard (alongwith other guests) and offer them a Safa/Chunri to set mood for the evening. This will be followed by a glass of alcoholic cocktail alongwith Rajasthani Tera Taal Dance.Then the guests will be taken to a terrace for Romantic Dnner.This will start with a glass of Wine Red/White, and served in "Thaal" with a wide variety of choices on the menu, specially selected by the Rani Sahiba.